Holiday Decorating Safety Tips
The most wonderful time of year is here and it is time for most of us to deck the halls.
As you prepare to decorate for the holiday, here are some tips on how to keep yourself, your family, and your home safe this holiday season...
- Use clips to safely attach lights to the house
- Inspect your lights before you hang them
- Replace out lights
- Never connect more then 3 strings of lights at a time
- Be mindful of low-hanging or damaged wires to protect pets and children
- Use ladder safety when putting up or taking down your holiday decorations
- Never plug more than two appliances into an outlet at once or “piggyback” extra appliances on extension cords or wall outlets
- Remember to keep candle flames far away from decorations, ornaments and especially trees
- When building a fire to keep cozy, test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, burn only dry, split firewood (avoid chemically treated wood), and close damper when fireplace is not in use
Happy Holidays from your friends at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall!