“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Tiny mold spores can live naturally in both indoor and outdoor areas. They’re just a part of the overall environment. When you read that certain restoration companies are offering a guarantee that they can remove ALL of the mold from your home or business, don’t believe it. It’s virtually impossible to remove all the mold spores present. Each time you walk into your home or office after being outside, you’re most likely carrying naturally occurring mold spores on your clothing. This is completely normal. They also easily break off and fly around in the air before landing on another surface. Again, this is normal. So, it’s not practical to say all mold can be removed when people are constantly bringing spores into their homes and businesses from the outside. At SERVPRO of Howell/ Wall understand mold and mold growth. We have the training, equipment and expertise to remediate mold issues in your home or business.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (732) 577-1010
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (732) 577-1010
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Howell, Wall, Spring Lake, Asbury Park is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2170 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: