Do you have an Emergency Storm Kit?
If a storm does damage to your home or business, your friends at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall will help. Call us at 732-577-1010, 24 hours a day.
In a year filled with the unexpected, one thing that we have learned is that is pays to be prepared. Here are some basic you should have in your Emergency Storm Kit.
Here are some suggestions fromhttps://www.ready.gov/kit
Basic emergency supply kit should include these recommended items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
- Manual can opener (for food)
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
Other References and suggestions:
If a storm does damage to your home or business, your friends at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall will be there to help. Call us at 732-577-1010, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
We are here to help!
How to Prevent Water Damage
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall help this Howell homeowner recover from water damage. Should this happen to you, call us at 732-577-1010
If water damage does occur in your home, call the pros at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall. SERVPRO’s expert water damage team will:
- Assess damage for restorability and safety.
- Determine the extent of the moisture content in effected areas.
- Move and prop up furniture on blocks if necessary.
- Extract the water.
- Remove carpets and carpet pads if necessary.
- Spray to treat germs and bacteria in contaminated areas.
- Start the drying process with air movers and dehumidification equipment.
- Ensure rooms are completely dry and conduct a walk through with homeowners to guarantee customer satisfaction.
Preventative maintenance is key to avoiding a possible water, mold, of fire damage loss. If you or someone you know succumbs to any type of water damage, give us a call to make your home look “Like it never even happened.” Call 732-577-1010.
Why SERVPRO - Hoarding
Got a hoard, we are here to help. Call us at 732-577-1010
According to the Mayo Clinic:
"Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of the items. Excessive accumulation of items, regardless of actual value, occurs.
Hoarding often creates such cramped living conditions that homes may be filled to capacity, with only narrow pathways winding through stacks of clutter. Countertops, sinks, stoves, desks, stairways and virtually all other surfaces are usually piled with stuff. And when there's no more room inside, the clutter may spread to the garage, vehicles, yard and other storage facilities.
Hoarding ranges from mild to severe. In some cases, hoarding may not have much impact on your life, while in other cases it seriously affects your functioning on a daily basis."
Do you live with a hoader or have a family member of friend with a hoadering problem?
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall can help. Check out this house in Jackson. This resident had hoarded plastic bottles, fast food bags and wrappers, chip bags, and leftover food. This was a huge task, but the team at SERVPRO of Howell / Wall as ready and willing to help with this huge task.
Do you or someone you know need help with hoarding? Call us at 732-577-1010! We are here to help!
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall...Faster to your water damage disaster!
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, holidays and weekends too! Call us 732-577-1010
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Howell/Wall provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Howell/Wall arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 732-577-1010
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Howell/Wall
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Dryers can be dangerous if not maintained properly
Unfortunately, this dryer caused a fire in this Monmouth County home. But the homeowner knew enough to call the pros at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall!
Dryer fires are one of the one of the leading causes of house fires. It is very important that you keep your dryer will maintained and lint free.
According to FEMA:
2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
Failure to clean the dryer (34 percent) is the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires.
More home clothes dryer fires occur in the fall and winter months, peaking in January.
Here are a few helpful hints to prevent a dryer fire in your home or business:
- Check and clean the lint trap often, lint can build up in the screen.
- Check the back of the dryer for lint buildup.
- Check for any damages to the venting system of the dryer.
- Dyer machines should be installed and maintained by a certified professional.
Should a dryer fire strike your home or business, know that SERVPRO of Howell/Wall has expertly trained professionals to handle any size disaster. Call us any time at 732-577-1010.
Why SERVPRO of Howell/Wall - We make it "Like it never even happened."
Call the expert professionals at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall and let us make it "Like it never even happened." 732-577-1010.
When disaster strikes your home or business, you need to act fast to prevent further damage.
If you are struck by fire, the expert professionals of SERVPRO of Howell/Wall will help you restore your home or business to pre-fire condition.
Fire and smoke damage is especially destructive. In many instances your Howell property will also suffer from water damage from firefighting efforts. We specialize in fire and water damage restoration; it’s the cornerstone of our business. We have specialized equipment, specific training, and certifications that allow us restore your home to pre-fire condition and make it "Like it never even happened."
If disaster strikes and water damages your Jersey Shore home or business, the expert professionals at SERVPRO of Howell / Wall have the experience, expertise, and equipment to restore your property properly. So if your property has been damaged by water caused by flooding or water leaks, our water removal and cleanup process will make it "Like it never even happened."
If water from sewer system backups or toilets overflow your Southern Monmouth County home or business you should consider it to be very dangerous. The water is grossly unsanitary and may contain bacteria and viruses that could cause serious illness. Special training and equipment is necessary to safely clean this type of contamination. So call the expert professionals at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall and let us make it "Like it never even happened."
Click Here to see how SERVPRO of Howell/Wall has made it "Like it never even happened."
At SERVPRO of Howell/Wall we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help you through your worse disasters. Just call us a 732-577-1010 and we will make it "Like it never even happened."
Candle safety tips to help prevent house fires
Should Fire strike your home or business, we at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall are here to help. Call us at 732-577-1010.
During the most recent natural disaster to hit our area, thousands of residents in the Southern Monmouth County and Jersey Shore lost power for days. Most of us turned to candles to help light our homes on those dark nights.
As a service to you, we at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall wanted to share a special list of important safety tips and statistics to help you understand how dangerous candles can be.
- 38% of home candle fires start in bedrooms and cause 35% of associated deaths.
- More than 50% of all candle home fires start because the candle was too close to something flammable item (I.E. mattresses, bedding, curtains, cabinetry, or furniture are ignited).
- In 12% of home candle fires and in 25% of associated deaths and injuries happened while the people in the home slept.
- 20 % of home candle fires involved unsupervised children.
- Reduce your chances of dying in a fire by 50% by having a working smoke alarm.
- Keep all flames at minimum 12 inches from anything that can burn. Whether it be curtains, bedding, mattresses, books, flammable decorations, clothing, furniture, and anything else that could catch fire,
- ALWAYS snuff out or blow out a candle or flame before leaving the room or going to sleep.
- If you are using candle holders, please make sure they are sturdy and can not tip over. Make sure your candle holders that are made from a material that do not burn.
- Make sure candles are placed out of the reach of children or pets, as well as in a place children and pets cannot knock them over.
- In an emergency, always use flashlights and not candles for light.
- Never leave a child unattended in a room with a candle. Additionally, keep all matches and lighters out of reach of children.
- Keep all lit candles and any other open flames away from flammable liquids.
Should disaster strike and you become the victim of a home fire, SERVPRO of Howell / Wall is here to help. We are your professional fire damage experts and specialize in fire and water restoration. We can clean your content and home, demo effected areas and eliminate smoke odor from your home and in the end make it "Like it never even happened.”
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at 732-577-1010.
Commercial Water Damage in Freehold
Flooding struck the Freehold business. They knew to call the expert water damage restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall.
There is never a convenient time for flooding or water damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, SERVPRO of Howell/Wall will be there. We know how important it is for you to stay in business and we are here to help you get you up and running after a water disaster as soon as possible.
We are committed to:
So if your business experiences flooding or any other disaster like this local Monmouth County business, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Howell / Wall at 732-577-1010 and we will make it "Like never even happened.”
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Do your part in cleaning your employees and customers safe and help stop the spread of COVID-19, get clean...Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
When our logo is on your door, your commitment to clean and safe is clear!
The novel Coronavirus has changed the world, it has made us all realize as a society the importance of clean. SERVPRO of Howell/Wall is committed to helping keep your workplace and business safe for your employees, your customers and everyone they come in contact with. When you have our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned logo on your door, you are letting everyone know that you care about their health and safety and doing your part as a responsible business owner to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
What does it mean to be Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned?
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, is our new defensive pathogen cleaning program. This isn't just your standard janitorial cleaning practices, at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall we way beyond just regular cleaning. Our proactive viral pathogen cleaning is done by our expert cleaning professionals. At SERVPRO we have over 50 years of experience in biochemical spill remediation and decontamination, you can trust SERVPRO of Howell / Wall Cleaning Professionals to bring a higher standard of clean to the places we gather.
Are you interested in our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned services for your Jersey Shore workplace or business? Want to show your employees and customers you care about their health and safety? Call 732-577-1010 to schedule a cleaning consultation.
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall Cleaning Experts, keeping your employees and customers safe. Call us today at 732-577-1010!
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Howell/Wall, 732-577-1010