Professional COVID Cleaning Services for your business and home
The expert cleaning professionals of SERVPRO of Howell/Wall are here to give you peace of mind during the ongoing COVID Pandemic. Call us 732-577-1010
Happy New Year Friends! Now that the holidays are over and we are all getting back to our daily routines, we are here to remind your that SERVPRO of Howell/Wall is here to help you during the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
During these unprecedented times of the COVID pandemic, SERVPRO of Howell/Wall is uniquely prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. At SERVPRO, we have years of expertise in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go well beyond the work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis. Our experts are well trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Our professional COVID cleaning procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
According to the CDC, cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables are recommended. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
If you would like to schedule a consultation with our highly trained professionals, call us at 732-577-1010. The experts of SERVPRO of Howell / Wall are ready and able to provide you, your employees and customers with the piece of mind that your home or business are professionally cleaned, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!
Commercial Cleaning Services including Professional COVID Cleaning Service
Need your business cleaned? Call the pros at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall at 732-577-1010
COVID-19 cases are on the rise, as a business owner, you want to stay in business, but also keep your employees and customers safe. That is where we come in and help you be Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program that goes beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning, it’s a higher standard of clean. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning that helps ensure the cleanliness of the restaurants, businesses and public spaces in the communities we all call home. Our SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills - always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
Other services we can provide:
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall offers cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Our cleaning services include the following:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard and Sewage
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
Need your business cleaned? Call the pros at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall at 732-577-1010
The Holidays are here and so is the colder New Jersey weather
Cold Jersey weather brings the possibility of frozen or burst pipes. If disaster strikes your Southern Monmouth County home, we will be there to help!
Colder temperatures are on the way for the Jersey Shore area, as we prepare for the cold weather and how it effects our homes.
Here are some tips from your friends at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall to help you avoid or treat frozen pipes this winter.
- Drain and disconnect garden hoses
- Cover your outside faucets with insulating foam covers
- Turn off water to your outside faucets
- If you have a sprinkler system, turn it off and use compressed air to drain the lines
- Cover or close foundation vents under house and windows to basements
- Insulate exposed hot and cold pipes under your home with foam pipe insulation.
- Drip hot and cold faucets in kitchen and bath. Drip single control faucets with lever set in middle.
- Make sure to check on pipes to your washing machine in the laundry room
- Make sure you know where your water main cut-off valve, and have a cut-off key handy.
- If you find frozen pipes that have not brust, use a hair dryer, heat lamp, electric heat tape, or a portable space heater to thaw them
- When thawing frozen pipes, keep the faucet open to allow water to begin flowing through it again
If you happen to have a pipe burst this winter, call the pros at SERVPRO of Howell / Wall at 732-577-1010, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are here to help you get through when disaster strikes.
Holiday Safety Tips
Stay Safe this Holiday Season. We will be a phone call away if you need us: 732-577-1010
December is the month with the highest number of incidents of home candle fires. If you plan to deck your halls with candles, we highly recommend you use battery-operated candles and tea lights.
According to a 2020 national American Red Cross survey, close to 1/3 of us have left the room or fallen asleep with burning a candle If you are going to use real candles, please keep them out of the reach of children and pets, keep them away from anything that could burn, and never leave them unattended.
OTHER HOLIDAY DECORATING SAFETY TIPS
- Check all holiday light cords and make sure they aren’t frayed or broken. Also, do not string together too many strands of lights together — no more than three per extension cord. Always remember to turn off all holiday lights when going to bed or leaving the house.
- Ensure outside decorations are for outdoor use and fasten lights securely to your home or trees. If using hooks or nails outside, make sure they are insulated to avoid an electrocution or fire hazard.
- Look for the fire-resistant label when buying an artificial tree. Keep it away from fireplaces, radiators and other sources of heat. Never use electric lights on metallic trees.
- If getting a live tree, make sure it’s fresh and keep it watered. Bend the needles up and down to make sure no needles fall off.
- Don’t light the fireplace if hanging stockings on the mantel.
- Check the labels of older decorations. Some older tinsel is lead-based. If using angel hair, wear gloves to avoid irritation.
- Avoid breathing in artificial snow.
Happy Holidays from your friends at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall!
Do you have an Emergency Storm Kit?
If a storm does damage to your home or business, your friends at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall will help. Call us at 732-577-1010, 24 hours a day.
In a year filled with the unexpected, one thing that we have learned is that is pays to be prepared. Here are some basic you should have in your Emergency Storm Kit.
Here are some suggestions fromhttps://www.ready.gov/kit
Basic emergency supply kit should include these recommended items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
- Manual can opener (for food)
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
Other References and suggestions:
If a storm does damage to your home or business, your friends at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall will be there to help. Call us at 732-577-1010, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
We are here to help!
How to Prevent Water Damage
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall help this Howell homeowner recover from water damage. Should this happen to you, call us at 732-577-1010
If water damage does occur in your home, call the pros at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall. SERVPRO’s expert water damage team will:
- Assess damage for restorability and safety.
- Determine the extent of the moisture content in effected areas.
- Move and prop up furniture on blocks if necessary.
- Extract the water.
- Remove carpets and carpet pads if necessary.
- Spray to treat germs and bacteria in contaminated areas.
- Start the drying process with air movers and dehumidification equipment.
- Ensure rooms are completely dry and conduct a walk through with homeowners to guarantee customer satisfaction.
Preventative maintenance is key to avoiding a possible water, mold, of fire damage loss. If you or someone you know succumbs to any type of water damage, give us a call to make your home look “Like it never even happened.” Call 732-577-1010.
Why SERVPRO - Hoarding
Got a hoard, we are here to help. Call us at 732-577-1010
According to the Mayo Clinic:
"Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of the items. Excessive accumulation of items, regardless of actual value, occurs.
Hoarding often creates such cramped living conditions that homes may be filled to capacity, with only narrow pathways winding through stacks of clutter. Countertops, sinks, stoves, desks, stairways and virtually all other surfaces are usually piled with stuff. And when there's no more room inside, the clutter may spread to the garage, vehicles, yard and other storage facilities.
Hoarding ranges from mild to severe. In some cases, hoarding may not have much impact on your life, while in other cases it seriously affects your functioning on a daily basis."
Do you live with a hoader or have a family member of friend with a hoadering problem?
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall can help. Check out this house in Jackson. This resident had hoarded plastic bottles, fast food bags and wrappers, chip bags, and leftover food. This was a huge task, but the team at SERVPRO of Howell / Wall as ready and willing to help with this huge task.
Do you or someone you know need help with hoarding? Call us at 732-577-1010! We are here to help!
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall...Faster to your water damage disaster!
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, holidays and weekends too! Call us 732-577-1010
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Howell/Wall provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Howell/Wall arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 732-577-1010
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Howell/Wall
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Dryers can be dangerous if not maintained properly
Unfortunately, this dryer caused a fire in this Monmouth County home. But the homeowner knew enough to call the pros at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall!
Dryer fires are one of the one of the leading causes of house fires. It is very important that you keep your dryer will maintained and lint free.
According to FEMA:
2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
Failure to clean the dryer (34 percent) is the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires.
More home clothes dryer fires occur in the fall and winter months, peaking in January.
Here are a few helpful hints to prevent a dryer fire in your home or business:
- Check and clean the lint trap often, lint can build up in the screen.
- Check the back of the dryer for lint buildup.
- Check for any damages to the venting system of the dryer.
- Dyer machines should be installed and maintained by a certified professional.
Should a dryer fire strike your home or business, know that SERVPRO of Howell/Wall has expertly trained professionals to handle any size disaster. Call us any time at 732-577-1010.
Why SERVPRO of Howell/Wall - We make it "Like it never even happened."
Call the expert professionals at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall and let us make it "Like it never even happened." 732-577-1010.
When disaster strikes your home or business, you need to act fast to prevent further damage.
If you are struck by fire, the expert professionals of SERVPRO of Howell/Wall will help you restore your home or business to pre-fire condition.
Fire and smoke damage is especially destructive. In many instances your Howell property will also suffer from water damage from firefighting efforts. We specialize in fire and water damage restoration; it’s the cornerstone of our business. We have specialized equipment, specific training, and certifications that allow us restore your home to pre-fire condition and make it "Like it never even happened."
If disaster strikes and water damages your Jersey Shore home or business, the expert professionals at SERVPRO of Howell / Wall have the experience, expertise, and equipment to restore your property properly. So if your property has been damaged by water caused by flooding or water leaks, our water removal and cleanup process will make it "Like it never even happened."
If water from sewer system backups or toilets overflow your Southern Monmouth County home or business you should consider it to be very dangerous. The water is grossly unsanitary and may contain bacteria and viruses that could cause serious illness. Special training and equipment is necessary to safely clean this type of contamination. So call the expert professionals at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall and let us make it "Like it never even happened."
Click Here to see how SERVPRO of Howell/Wall has made it "Like it never even happened."
At SERVPRO of Howell/Wall we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help you through your worse disasters. Just call us a 732-577-1010 and we will make it "Like it never even happened."