Why SERVPRO - We are available 24/7
We are Faster to Any Size Disaster and on call 24/7/365. Call us at 732-577-1010
Fires, Floods, Storms, and other disasters don't just happen from 9am to 5pm. In fact, a lot of times, these disasters to your home and business happen overnight.
It is for this reason, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are always on call to service you when our expert emergency services are needed.
So if that sewer or toilet backs up, we are on call for you.
If a storm floods your basement, we are on call for you.
If fire damages your home or business, we are on call for you.
We are faster to any size disaster and on call for you when you need that water pumped out or those walls dried. We are there for you with our highly trained team of experts and state of the art equipment.
At SERVPRO of Howell/Wall, we are always a phone call away to help you and your family or business get back to normal as quickly as possible!
Just call us at 732-577-1010!
April Showers Bring May Flowers and More...
April Showers wreaking havoc on your Monmouth County home or business...Call the Water Restoration Pros of SERVPRO of Howell/Wall at 732-577-1010
Here we are at the end of March after a long, snowy winter and April is around the corner. As we turn our calendars and the season change, we will start to experience the warmer weather we all missed. As the warmer weather approaches, so do the April showers which help to bring us the most vibrant May. However, when April showers are more like torrential, relentless downpours we could face a flooded basement and other water damage causing costly repairs. Flooding generally occurs in the springtime as the result of heavy rains that cannot be adequately absorbed by the still thawing earth. Particularly formidable are the flash floods resulting from thunderstorms, swiftly melting snow, ice jams in creeks, and then there is the fearsome “El Nino." Consider if more than one of these circumstances happens at the same time, you have the potential for a catastrophe with flooding waters and raging mudslides.
Homeowners you can take some simple precautions to secure your property and keep your possessions safe.
Elevate: Keep your furnace, water heater, electrical panels above predicted water levels to protect yourself from costly home replacements.
Install check valves: These valves close to prevent the backward flow of liquid and prevent water from backing up into the drains in your home.
Build barriers: Use sandbags to create flood walls to prevent or reduce flow of water into your home.
Waterproof the basement: Use a waterproofing compound to seal the walls of your basement.
Clean: Clean gutters, drains and downspouts for proper water flow.
Purchase flood insurance: Most standard homeowners' and business insurance policies unfortunately do no cover flood damage. In the event of a flood, you would be responsible for covering the full cost of repairs and replacing items damaged.
Should disaster strike and the April showers cause water damage to your home or business, the pros at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall will be there to help get you back to normal. Contact us at 732-577-1010 and the highly training water experts will be there for you. We have the specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs provided by an Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist, a Water Damage Restoration Technician, and an Applied Structural Drying Technician.
Remember, SERVPRO of Howell / Wall is faster to any size disaster and we provide emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year —including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night, as we are on call for you to make it “Like it never even happened.”
5 Quick Steps to Fire Safety
If fire strikes your home, call 9-1-1. After the fire is out, call the fire restoration experts of SERVPRO of Howell/Wall at 732-577-1010
Protecting your family in your home is important and fire is something nobody wants to think about. Unfortunately, fires can and do happen. The best way to prevent a house fire is to take some precautionary steps and fireproof your home.
Here are some quick tips to help prevent fires:
- Remove Clutter- Clutter can cause fires, make fires worse and even stop you from getting out of your home during a fire. Get rid of it or at least reduce it.
- Check Your Smoke Alarms Often- Your smoke alarms will alert you of a fire before you see or smell smoke. Check them at least every six months.
- Keep A Fire Extinguisher In Your Home- A fire extinguisher can be used to put out some small fires and stop them from spreading. Every home should have one. If you have a multiple story home it's a good idea to have one easily accessible on each level.
- Never Leave Candles Unattended- Candles can easily catch furniture, papers and even hanging pictures and décor on fire. Never leave your candles unattended.
- Check Your Wires- Check your electric wires often to make sure they are not rips or shorts. Also make sure your wall sockets are not too full and that all the plugs are secure. A fire safe home will help you and your family feel safer and sleep better at night. Take the time to do it right.
If fire does strike your home or business, first call 9-1-1 or your local fire department . Once the blaze has been put out you can contact the highly trained professionals fire restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall to service your home and repair and restore after a fire damage. Call 732-577-1010 24/7 365 days a year.
Locally Owned and Locally Minded
The local team of SERVPRO of Howell/Wall is here to help you when you need them the most, just call SERVPRO at 732-577-1010
When SERVPRO of Howell/Wall opened its doors in 2015, they opened with one goal in mind and that was to serve the local community, its residents and businesses.
When Saher Gouda, a lifelong resident of Monmouth County, started SERVPRO of Howell / Wall he told the team the he expected our goal and mantra to be that: Nobody will service our customers to the level that SERVPRO of Howell/Wall does. We understand the stress and concerns that come with a fire or water damage in their home or business, along with the disruption they cause. Our main goal is to help minimize the interruption to their life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
In addition to our high customer standard goals, SERVPRO of Howell/Wall is committed to giving back to the local community. SERVPRO of Howell / Wall is proud to support many local organizations, including the Little Leagues of Howell South, North Wall, South Wall and Manasquan/Brielle and involved in many Chambers of Commerce including the Monmouth Regional Chamber and Howell Chamber of Commerce.
As you can see, SERVPRO is committed to the local community and is here to serve you when disaster strikes. SERVPRO is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year...if disaster strikes your home or business call SERVPRO of Howell/Wall at 732-577-1010
Why SERVPRO? We are here to help fight COVID.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned helps you keep your employees and customers safe! Call us at 732-577-1010!
It has been almost one year since we all joined the fight against COVID-19. This point last year, no one could foresee the way the world was going to change. All of us had to adapt and here at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall we were no different.
In order to provide our beloved community with the help it needed, we initiated a new standard of cleaning, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, our new defensive pathogen cleaning program, goes way beyond standard janitorial cleaning practices. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. With over 50 years of experience in biochemical spill remediation and decontamination, you can trust SERVPRO of Howell / Wall Professionals to bring a higher standard of clean to the places we gather.
Our goal is to make sure your businesses are cleaned to the highest quality for the safety of your customers and employees. When you display the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned signed at your business, you are letting everyone know you care about their health and safety.
So if you are looking for a higher level of service and a deep clean to fight Coronavirus, call the experts at SERVPRO of Howell / Wall at 732-577-1010!
Water Damage Timeline
Got Water Damage? We can help!
Call us today at 732-577-1010
Water can create a disaster in your home or business. It is vital that you act quickly in the event of a water damage event.
Water can move extremely quickly throughout your home of business, wreaking havoc on anything in its path. It can soak through walls, floors, upholstery and your personal items. Water can cause your furniture’s finish to bleed and permanently stain your carpets. Water can also destroy your memories but running photographs, books, and other paper goods.
Here is a sample timeline of what damage water can do:
Within 1 to 24 hours:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
Within 48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
Over 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth
If water cause damage in your home, call the pros at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall. The highly trained experts at SERVPRO are available at anytime, day or night, weekends, holidays, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help you when disaster strikes. Call us at 732-577-1010 for the professional team you can trust!
Professional COVID Cleaning Services for your business and home
The expert cleaning professionals of SERVPRO of Howell/Wall are here to give you peace of mind during the ongoing COVID Pandemic. Call us 732-577-1010
Happy New Year Friends! Now that the holidays are over and we are all getting back to our daily routines, we are here to remind your that SERVPRO of Howell/Wall is here to help you during the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
During these unprecedented times of the COVID pandemic, SERVPRO of Howell/Wall is uniquely prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. At SERVPRO, we have years of expertise in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go well beyond the work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis. Our experts are well trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Our professional COVID cleaning procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
According to the CDC, cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables are recommended. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
If you would like to schedule a consultation with our highly trained professionals, call us at 732-577-1010. The experts of SERVPRO of Howell / Wall are ready and able to provide you, your employees and customers with the piece of mind that your home or business are professionally cleaned, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!
Commercial Cleaning Services including Professional COVID Cleaning Service
Need your business cleaned? Call the pros at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall at 732-577-1010
COVID-19 cases are on the rise, as a business owner, you want to stay in business, but also keep your employees and customers safe. That is where we come in and help you be Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program that goes beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning, it’s a higher standard of clean. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning that helps ensure the cleanliness of the restaurants, businesses and public spaces in the communities we all call home. Our SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills - always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
Other services we can provide:
SERVPRO of Howell/Wall offers cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Our cleaning services include the following:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard and Sewage
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
Need your business cleaned? Call the pros at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall at 732-577-1010
The Holidays are here and so is the colder New Jersey weather
Cold Jersey weather brings the possibility of frozen or burst pipes. If disaster strikes your Southern Monmouth County home, we will be there to help!
Colder temperatures are on the way for the Jersey Shore area, as we prepare for the cold weather and how it effects our homes.
Here are some tips from your friends at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall to help you avoid or treat frozen pipes this winter.
- Drain and disconnect garden hoses
- Cover your outside faucets with insulating foam covers
- Turn off water to your outside faucets
- If you have a sprinkler system, turn it off and use compressed air to drain the lines
- Cover or close foundation vents under house and windows to basements
- Insulate exposed hot and cold pipes under your home with foam pipe insulation.
- Drip hot and cold faucets in kitchen and bath. Drip single control faucets with lever set in middle.
- Make sure to check on pipes to your washing machine in the laundry room
- Make sure you know where your water main cut-off valve, and have a cut-off key handy.
- If you find frozen pipes that have not brust, use a hair dryer, heat lamp, electric heat tape, or a portable space heater to thaw them
- When thawing frozen pipes, keep the faucet open to allow water to begin flowing through it again
If you happen to have a pipe burst this winter, call the pros at SERVPRO of Howell / Wall at 732-577-1010, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are here to help you get through when disaster strikes.
Holiday Safety Tips
Stay Safe this Holiday Season. We will be a phone call away if you need us: 732-577-1010
December is the month with the highest number of incidents of home candle fires. If you plan to deck your halls with candles, we highly recommend you use battery-operated candles and tea lights.
According to a 2020 national American Red Cross survey, close to 1/3 of us have left the room or fallen asleep with burning a candle If you are going to use real candles, please keep them out of the reach of children and pets, keep them away from anything that could burn, and never leave them unattended.
OTHER HOLIDAY DECORATING SAFETY TIPS
- Check all holiday light cords and make sure they aren’t frayed or broken. Also, do not string together too many strands of lights together — no more than three per extension cord. Always remember to turn off all holiday lights when going to bed or leaving the house.
- Ensure outside decorations are for outdoor use and fasten lights securely to your home or trees. If using hooks or nails outside, make sure they are insulated to avoid an electrocution or fire hazard.
- Look for the fire-resistant label when buying an artificial tree. Keep it away from fireplaces, radiators and other sources of heat. Never use electric lights on metallic trees.
- If getting a live tree, make sure it’s fresh and keep it watered. Bend the needles up and down to make sure no needles fall off.
- Don’t light the fireplace if hanging stockings on the mantel.
- Check the labels of older decorations. Some older tinsel is lead-based. If using angel hair, wear gloves to avoid irritation.
- Avoid breathing in artificial snow.
Happy Holidays from your friends at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall!