Storm Preparation: SERVPRO of Howell/Wall: We Make It "Like it never even happened"
Large storms and heavy rains have hit our area hard over the last few months, now is the time to prepare for whatever Mother Nature throws our way. An Emergency Supply Kit is a good place to begin.
An Emergency Supply Kit is simply a collection of basic items your household may need in the event of an emergency.
Try to assemble your kit well in advance of an emergency. You may have to evacuate at a moment’s notice and take essentials with you. You will probably not have time to search for the supplies you need or shop for them.
You may need to survive on your own after an emergency. This means having your own food, water and other supplies in sufficient quantity to last for at least 72 hours.
Recommended Items to Include in an Emergency Supply Kit:
- Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather
Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask, to help filter contaminated air
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Can opener for food (if kit contains canned food)
- Local maps
- Phone charges with adapters to allow charging in an automobile
Keep our number handy as well, 732-577-1010. If you suffer storm damage to your home or property, SERVPRO of Howell/Wall can be there to take immediate action. We can help minimize secondary damages caused by severe storms.