If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (732) 577-1010

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Frozen or burst pipes can damage your Howell Home or Business. Do you know what to do when disaster strikes?

11/21/2019 (Permalink)

Frozen pipes Frozen or Burst Pipes...Call SERVPRO of Howell/Wall as soon as possible!

Thanksgiving is around the corner and the holiday season will be in full swing…. along with the holidays come the beginning of colder weather in New Jersey.  We have already experienced our first arctic blast and suffered through an early cold spell. 

Brutal cold can cause severe damage to your Monmouth County home or business and burst pipes can cause more damage than one can imagine.  If your Howell area home or business experience pipes that freeze and burst, you must take immediate action to limit the damage.

Picture this: 250 gallons of water pouring through a burst pipe in your home or business. It’s not something you want flooding your where you live or work, is it? Well, it’s about what one 1/8-inch crack in a water pipe can leak in 24 hours. Burst pipes aren’t rare — they damage literally millions of homes and businesses each year. The best way to avoid the issue is to be prepared. Should disaster strike and a pipe bursts, you’ll need to act quickly to stop further damage and ensure your home or business is properly repaired.

Know What to Do

  • Assess the damage, amount of water and probable location of the leak — it may be necessary to turn off the electricity to your home to avoid electrocution. Never touch a wet outlet, switch, or appliance.
  • Turn off the house’s main water valve.
  • If the leaked water is warm, it may be necessary to turn off the water valve to the water heater.
  • If appropriate to the situation, place an appropriately sized container under the leak to catch the water.
  • Turn on the faucets throughout the house to drain the water left in the system.
  • Call a plumber immediately to help repair or replace the pipe.
  • Call SERVPRO of Howell/Wall at 732-577-1010. This is important as it affects your insurance claim and helps prevent mold from growing in your wall space, under your floor, or between the floor and ceiling between stories. Your homeowners insurance policy may cover costs you incur.
  • Take photos of the burst pipe and of all the damage to the house’s structure and your personal property for your insurance claim.
  • Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.

 When disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Howell/Wall is available anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Call us at 732-577-1010.

Other News

View Recent Posts

src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=729394820727779&ev=PageView &noscript=1"/>