Safe Summer Grilling Guide
Memorial Day is almost here and thus marking the official start of summer at the Jersey Shore. The start of summer marks the start of grilling season.
Here are some tips to make sure your summer BBQs are fun and safe:
According to the National Fire Protection Association, July is the peak month for grill related fires. They recommend that:
- The grill should be kept well away from your home and away from deck railings. It should be out from under eaves and hanging branches.
- Propane and charcoal grills should only be used outside.
- Children and pets should remain at least three feet away from the grilling area.
- Keep the grill clean by removing grease or fat build up from the grill box and in the trays below.
- Never leave your grill unattended while cooking.
- Keep charcoal fluid away from children and heat sources.
- For charcoal grills, make sure coals are completely cooled before disposing them in a metal container.
Following these tips and using common sense should help ensure a safe and disaster free BBQ with friends and family this summer.
Should a mishap occur and disaster strike, your friends at SERVPRO of Howell, Wall, Spring Lake, Asbury Park have a pro ready to help. We are a trusted source to handle any issues you may have, if something goes wrong we will be there to get everything back to normal. We’re here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. (732) 577-1010.