What to do in case of Frozen Pipes, Burst Pipes and Indoor Flooding
The cold weather has arrived on the Jersey Shore, if your frozen pipes burst, call the Pros of SERVPRO of Howell/Wall at 732-577-1010!
Weather is getting colder in the Howell / Wall area and the risk of frozen pipes bursting will increase. If disaster strikes your lower Monmouth County home or business there are things you need to remember.
Here are some WHAT TO DO tips while you wait for SERVPRO to arrive:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Water Damage:
Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
• Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
• Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
• Don't use the television or other household appliances.
• Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Should you experience flooding and water damage in your Howell area home or business, we have the expert Pros at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall to help.
Call us anytime at 732-577-1010! We will be be there to get you through it!