5 Quick Steps to Fire Safety
Protecting your family in your home is important and fire is something nobody wants to think about. Unfortunately, fires can and do happen. The best way to prevent a house fire is to take some precautionary steps and fireproof your home.
Here are some quick tips to help prevent fires:
- Remove Clutter- Clutter can cause fires, make fires worse and even stop you from getting out of your home during a fire. Get rid of it or at least reduce it.
- Check Your Smoke Alarms Often- Your smoke alarms will alert you of a fire before you see or smell smoke. Check them at least every six months.
- Keep A Fire Extinguisher In Your Home- A fire extinguisher can be used to put out some small fires and stop them from spreading. Every home should have one. If you have a multiple story home it's a good idea to have one easily accessible on each level.
- Never Leave Candles Unattended- Candles can easily catch furniture, papers and even hanging pictures and décor on fire. Never leave your candles unattended.
- Check Your Wires- Check your electric wires often to make sure they are not rips or shorts. Also make sure your wall sockets are not too full and that all the plugs are secure. A fire safe home will help you and your family feel safer and sleep better at night. Take the time to do it right.
If fire does strike your home or business, first call 9-1-1 or your local fire department . Once the blaze has been put out you can contact the highly trained professionals fire restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Howell/Wall to service your home and repair and restore after a fire damage. Call 732-577-1010 24/7 365 days a year.