How to Prevent Water Damage from Rain
Everyone loves the occasional thunderstorm - but it could cause major problems if rain water seeps into your home. One of the most common sources of water damage in a home is from rain water. It can enter through leaks in your roof, seeping in from the foundation, or even flooding into your basement. It is important to take the necessary steps to prevent water damage in your home such as:
Checking for proper drainage:
- inspect your roof thoroughly for structural damage or holes
- clear your gutters from leaves and other debris that could block the flow of water from draining into the yard
Install or Check Sump Pumps:
- sump pump are very effective for keeping rainwater out of your house
- have a professional check your sump pump to insure it is working properly once a year
Check sealant inside and outside foundation
- make sure the tar sealant covering the inner and outer sides of the foundation are intact
Inspect the slope of your lawn
- grading is the slope of your lawn and it should always slope away from your home to redirect the rainwater from flooding around the foundations
When you are dealing with storm, flood, and water damage, immediate action is crucial. You should choose the company with storm damage experience and expertise that has the resources and equipment to handle the job. SERVPRO of Howell/Wall can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
If storm damage strikes your home or business, call SERVPRO of Howell/Wall for our expert and professional services. We have the specialized fire and water damage cleanup and restoration training and experience to quickly restore your home to pre-storm condition. We also have specific training and equipment for odor removal and deep cleaning of upholstery and carpet.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter