What to do in case of frozen pipes and indoor flooding
Weather is getting colder and the risk of frozen pipes bursting will increase.
Here are some WHAT TO DO tips while you wait for SERVPRO to arrive:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Water Damage:
Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
• Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
• Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
• Don't use the television or other household appliances.
• Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.